Academics & Achievement Accountability Board of Education Budget and Finance Bullying and Conflict Calendars Central Administration Delays and Closures Educational Programs Food Services Gifted and Talented Health Information How to Enroll Laws and Policies Long Range Plan 2017 Meet Our Superintendent Mental Health Mission and Vision Parent Portal (My Campus) Safety in the Schools Technology
Office of Student Services Community Liaison / Social Worker Counseling Services District Crisis Team English Learners Development Homebound Services Homeless/Displaced Students Section 504 Special Education
Why Work at CMSD? General Information Employment Opportunities Salary Schedule Substitute Opportunities
Aquatics Center Our Foundation D-12 Hall of Fame Elevate
Visit Our Schools Broadmoor Elementary Canon School Cheyenne Mtn Elementary Gold Camp Elementary Pinon Valley Elementary Skyway Elementary Cheyenne Mtn Junior High Cheyenne Mtn High School The Vanguard School

Info for Parents

Parent/Student's Rights Under Section 504 Of The Rehabilitation Act Of 1973

504 Parent Rights

The following is a description of the rights granted by federal law to students identified as disabled under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The intent of the law is to keep you fully informed concerning decisions about your child and to inform you of your rights if you disagree with any of these decisions. You have the right to:

  1. File a grievance with the school district over an alleged violation of Section 504 regulations.
  2. Have an evaluation that draws on information from a variety of sources.
  3. Be informed of any actions to qualification under Section 504 and provision of a plan for services.
  4. Examine all relevant records.
  5. Receive all information in the parent's/guardian's native language and primary mode of communication.
  6. Periodic redetermination of qualification and an assessment before any significant change in program/service modifications.
  7. Request an impartial hearing if there is a disagreement with the school division's proposed action.
  8. Be represented by counsel in the impartial hearing process.
  9. Appeal the decision of the impartial hearing officer's decision to a court of competent jurisdiction.
  10. Contact the Office of Student Services, Cheyenne Mountain School District, 1201 W. Cheyenne Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906 for further information.